Friday, February 13, 2009

What's On Your List Today?

He
Ps. 119:33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes;
and I will keep it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in it.
36 Incline my heart to your testimonies,
and not to selfish gain!
37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise,
that you may be feared.
39 Turn away the reproach that I dread,
for your rules are good.
40 Behold, I long for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life!

David has many requests in this section. Teach, give, lead, incline, turn, confirm and turn away. He wants to be changed by the Word.

David is humble. He is looking, longing and desiring that God would give him all these things. It is interesting that none of them are things you would necessarily put on your Christmas list, but they are the best things we could ever receive.

Oh that our list would be filled with the things of God, rather than things that are worthless. Oh, that we might desire things that give life, rather than things that make our lives void of true value. If only we loved the things of Heaven as much as we love the things that steal our joy, rob our time, distract us from the important and give us self importance. Then and only then will His righteousness give us life.

Look ONLY to Christ.

No comments: