Thursday, February 5, 2009

Teach me your way, O LORD

Ps. 86:10 For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
12I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

SKH challenged the staff and students at snow retreat to keep our zeal going, even after the week has ended. He then gave some tips to keep it up. It is easy to be on a spiritual high when everyone else around you is reading their Bible and praying. But it is yet another thing to keep it up when they have all gone home.

I asked one of the guys in my cabin if he had been reading his Bible since he returned. He admitted he had been pretty slack. I encouraged him that he needed to push past the laziness of sleep and get up and read. He did this morning and said it was hard but worth it.

It seems like spiritual disciplines are much the same a physical disciplines. It is hard to start, but after you have worked through the initial portion then you want to be disciplined. The great part about spiritual discipline is when we ask God to make us hunger and thirst for His Word and time in prayer, He loves to bless us with an answer.

Pray that He would teach you to walk in His Truth. He wants you to, and you want you to. When we ask according to His will, He hears us and will do it. Then when He has answered and has given you the desire to meet with Him, listen to His Word and talk with Him in prayer, thank Him for the marvelous work He is producing in your life.

He can and does do miracles in our hearts. Ask Him to make you love the time with Him; then you will grow closer to Him.

No comments: