Friday, March 20, 2009

Bon Appetit

Is. 25:6 On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare
a feast of rich food for all peoples,
a banquet of aged wine—
the best of meats and the finest of wines.

Since Heaven is going to be more than we can really imagine, in the best of ways, I am wondering about the food there.

There is going to be a feast, and I assume it will not be just one feast, but a feast all the time. It looks like we're having steak, which I really like and for those who like wine, I would say that this will be the best wine they have ever tasted. Remember what Jesus did at the wedding feast? Will we have steak and wine for every meal? I think that God can make some mean mashed potatoes:)

Imagine the best food you have ever eaten; Gelati-sorry I like ice cream-

perfectly cooked steak, an amazing soup, great pizza, whatever it is that you like, just imagine it. Now imagine, and we can't, it being infinitely better than you have just imagined it. That was a really weird way to say it, but I will leave it.

No more hunger, no more tears, no more pain and no more hassles of this life; and that's what we get rid of. That is only half of it. We GET infinitely better. We can do without today, because we will get infinitely better in Heaven.

Just imagine the feast with Jesus, OUR Precious Redeemer at the head of the table. For all eternity we get HIM! Hallelujah, let's go right now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would be so happy and excited seeing Jesus that I couldn't eat...you know when you get that feeling? :) For me, it will be so great to enjoy food sinlessly and without guilt. Since that has been a struggle for me here on earth.

Chuck Weinberg said...

The King will ask us to dine with Him and we will most graciously accept His invitation, without guilt, fear, or anxiety.
What a day that will be.

When we finally have perfect bodies we won't care about them at all. Kind of ironic.