Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Don't Know How He Does It!

Today I needed some encouragement. I was waiting to go into an in home appointment and I was just a little early, so I pulled off to the side of the road and pulled out my Bible.

When I'm down I like to turn to the Psalms, because I guess I think somewhat like David. I hope that I can grow into being a man after God's own heart like he was.

So Psalms it is, but which one? So many good chapters to read, so little time. I don't normally use the bulls eye approach, open it up and point, but I had to open it somewhere in Psalms and I turned to the 86th. I was going to turn back to some others that I really enjoy, but I read the title and thought "that should be good".

I had been really praying this exact thing for most of the morning and David repeats it in God's Word. God is so amazing. I don't know how He does this, but I am happy He does.

Psalm 86:1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.

2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.

3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to your servant,
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.

6 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
listen to my cry for mercy.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.

9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, O Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

14 The arrogant are attacking me, O God;
a band of ruthless men seeks my life—
men without regard for you.

15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
grant your strength to your servant
and save the son of your maidservant.

17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

No comments: