Thursday, March 5, 2009

Longing for Your Salvation

Ps. 119: 81 My soul longs for your salvation;
I hope in your word.
82 My eyes long for your promise;
I ask, "When will you comfort me?"
83 For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke,
yet I have not forgotten your statutes.
84 How long must your servant endure?
When will you judge those who persecute me?
85 The insolent have dug pitfalls for me;
they do not live according to your law.
86 All your commandments are sure;
they persecute me with falsehood; help me!
87 They have almost made an end of me on earth,
but I have not forsaken your precepts.
88 In your steadfast love give me life,
that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.

I do long for and hope in the salvation of my God. He will not share His glory with another and I will trust in Him. His Word is life to my bones. When I am weak and frail of heart I go to His Word at my strength is renewed and my heart is lifted.

His promises are my desire. There is nothing I desire on earth beside Him. I do say "When will You comfort me?" not because He has not done that previously, it is just that His comfort is so restful in this dry and weary land. Like an oasis in the dry desert are the streams of Your mercy and kindness to me Oh Lord.

Though this life is hard and I am wasting away, you are my Strength and Hope. It is only Your steadfast love that gives me life and encourages me to go on. I am here that I may share of Your wondrous acts to me, and Your people. May Your testimonies always be on my tongue. May I always be speaking of Your righteous acts, Oh Lord my strenght and my Redeemer.

No comments: