Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dad, don't give up on me

There is a young lady who used to go to our church and she has walked away from her family and the Lord, but she told her dad not to give up on her.

This is a reminder that all of us were at one time going our own way and rebellious, not wanting to submit to authority, especially God. Our Heavenly Father doesn't give up on His children and we should not continue to pursue those who are going astray and pray for them.

This statement from this girl encourages me that her heart may still break. Larnell Harris sings a song entitled, "As long as the heart still breaks there is hope", and that is so true. If our hearts can be broken by the Lord, there is hope for Him to work.

My mom never gave up praying for me, and I am so thankful for that. Keep praying for them. God can work.

1 comment:

Joan Dabrowski said...

Thanks Chuck. Having one or more of those wandering children myself I continually remind myself of Gods unconditional love of me even when I was His hostile enemy! I will never stop praying and pursing those who I love!