Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Songs of Ascent- To The House of The Lord

Ia. 2:2b "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
that he may teach us his ways
and that we may walk in his paths."
5 O house of Jacob,
come, let us walk
in the light of the LORD.

Today is the first day that I hope to drink from the water fall, or the fire hydrant.

The House of the Lord is where I long to be, where brothers have come to learn to more precisely walk in His ways. We will sing to our Good and Great God with full hearts and loud voices. We will make music in our hearts, which can't cantain our praise and will overflow from our lips to praise His Holy Name. We are going to "worship the Lord in the Splendor of Holiness" and bow before Him in thankful praise. I desire to make His praise glorious and to tell of His marvelous acts to all the people.

1 Chron. 16:24 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
and he is to be held in awe above all gods.
26 For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.

Our God is no speechless idol, but He speaks and I will listen, because He has given me hope in His Word. He has given me a love for His Word I did not have. I will listen and rejoice. I will listen and be filled. I will listen and He will give me life through His Word.

Ps. 100:1 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

3 Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5 For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

We are going "up" to the House of The Lord to give Him the honor and thanks He deserves. There is none like our God. There in no other beside Him. He stands alone in the highest Heaven and when He speaks I need to listen.

Worship is not just singing, but learning, giving, using our spiritual gifts, praying, being faithful and reading His Word. All these things are worship and He allows us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth every minute of every day. Today, I hope, is just an extra special day of worship.

Pray for us that we might be changed. As much as the hammer hurts, this time will be wasted if the hammer does not change me. I am praying for the hammer of His Word to change my life in a dramatic way. Not so people would see me, but that they would see that God is big enough to even change a person like me. If He can change me, He can change You. Beg Him to do it. He loves His people to know exactly where we stand, and that is flat on our faces before His greatness.

Everything I have, I owe to Him.
Everything I will have, He will give.
Everything I used to have, I want it to be His,
And everything that He takes away, I want to freely give.

Lord, give us a great day of worship in Your house today. Give Your gifted men the words to say. Protect their minds and lips as they speak. Protect our minds and hears from distraction. May we worship You rightly, as You alone deserve. You are worthy of our praise. Help us to understand Your Truth and then help us to apply it to our own lives. Don't let me think about someone else's need to hear this, but soften my heart to hear what You nave for me today.

Change my heart Oh God,
Make it ever true,
Change my heart Oh God,
May I be like You.

This is my prayer Dear Lord. Hear the voice of Your servant. Not because You are required to listen, but that in Your mercy and grace You would act kindly to me.

No comments: