Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weak Faith? Read This.

Last night we went to Portland for dinner. It is not our normal Friday night deal to drive 3 hours one way for diner, but this was a special night. We went to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, coupled with my dad's 75th BD.

Three of my 4 sisters were there, the baby sister lives in Virginia, so that's a little harder, and most of the grand kids were there, with spouses , if they have one.

We got there a little late as the driving was pretty slow, because of all the traffic and rain. Teresa and I sat next to mom and dad, as there wasn't really room for 2 anyplace else. My mom is really a kick and dad and I are more similar in personality.

My oldest sister stopped by at the table to ask how it was going at Priceless Granite; she was just checking to see if God was answering her prayers. Immediately my mom said, "You don't need to ask, we have been praying and God has been working". My sister then told me a story about when she had gone to my mom and told her that she really needed her to pray for their families financial situation.

Exhibit A. They own a self loader, which is a log truck with a loader attached to it. The logging industry has been in a mess for a long time, but that is what they do and God provides. So my sister told my mom that the winter had been really bad, they hadn't been able to get many loads out, the truck had been parked for months, taxes were due, truck payments and the list was getting longer by the day.

Mom is sort of a "Cut to the Chase" type of person. She said, "How much would you need to have God provide for you over and abundantly what you could ask or think?" My sister replied, $50k by tomorrow". Ok that's a big number. My mom said she would pray, and pray she did. By the end of the day, my sister had sold the property she had been wanting to sell, and she had $50k. Mom was not surprised in the least.

Exhibit B. Same sister, same Mom. This week my brother-in-law put in an application at the mill, so he would not have to depend on the truck so much, and would be able to get benefits. 70 people applied, mom prayed, and you'll never believe who got the job. Mom said, "Well of course he got the job, God hears our prayers".

Today would have been the day of the week I would have been sitting on the plane, the family was going to the church to work, and Grant would have his event. Tomorrow is the actual calendar day. God has changed our lives dramatically in this last year, but probably mostly mine. Even though Grant has all the medical treatments, I think God has beat me the most, as I certainly needed it the most.

Joy in trials is a difficult thing to have all the time. It seems when I see what God is doing it makes it easier to have joy, because I see Him working on my faith. It is not as difficult to endure when you see the result of your endurance down the road. But we don't always get to see that, if fact most of the time we don't get to see the result until well after the trial.

What I don't want to happen to me is to waste, and forget, all this work God is doing in my life. I never want to go back to the way it was before. I want to be Moses, leaving Pharaoh's house. This is a hard place to be, because we get accustomed to things as they are, but God uses people that are willing to joyful leave what they have grown comfortable with and step out. I don't know if I am ready just yet, but God still has the hammer in His hand and I can't wait to see what He does with it.

Pray for our family today. Teresa and the kids are going to the church to weed and clean the gym. I am going to work, as I have some clients coming to the shop.

I want to start giving more specific prayer requests, so those of you who are praying will know what we need.

1.We have quite a few jobs on the board waiting to go in, we need them to be ready and scheduled for the first 2 weeks of April. We only get that time once, and when it goes past we never get it back for an install.
2. We need more sales, of our inventory.
3. I need wisdom to know what to do with some of our clients who are having a hard time paying.
4. I need to have faith and to wait on God. I have been trying to be in control again, even though I know it is futile, but I want to "do my part". I have no part but need.
5. We need "healthy" reports for some of our staff, as they are going through so tough medical times right now.

That's probably enough for today. I have been encouraged lately with;
Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

This really reminds me of what my complete job is. I think that God is breaking it down for me into tiny pieces so He can give them to me one at a time. He knows I can't handle too much, so it's good of Him to feed it to me slowly.

Thanks again for your prayers.

No comments: