Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Joy filled Heart

"It's a snap, to find that one single person in the entire world that fills your heart with joy".

Some of you will know where that quote came from, but I'm going to make you wait, if you don't.

What the entire world wants is to have their heart filled with joy and they will go to endless lengths to fill that said heart with whatever seems like it will bring joy. I, personally, know that Solomon is right when he says that all the things we run after are only vanity.

I have been able to do some of the craziest things, that many would give much of who they are to do. Let me give you some examples; I married my high school sweetheart, I have 3 amazing kids who love the Lord, I get to run a business that sells to peoples wants rather than their needs, I have great employees who do whatever it takes to get the job done. I have been to Disney Land and World, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, India, many of the States of this greatest nation on God's green earth. I have been ON the Price is Right, taken a ride on the Seattle Sonics airplane with them, played cards and watched the BCS championship game with Ray Allen and that's just the things I can remember right now.

I don't write all those things to gloat, as they are really none of my own doing, and all quite ridiculously out of my control. I have experienced these things and do they bring lasting joy? No. We often look forward to vacations, births, business trips and people as our ticket to joy and lasting happiness, but that's not where it is found.

There is one single person who is able to fill our hearts with LASTING joy and that is Jesus Christ. Often we are looking to the world for this kind of joy instead of "looking only to Christ". The world is looking for the joy that only Christ can give, but we need to be a shining example of the joy only He can bring.

"If I hadn't been 'Fox Books' and you hadn't been the 'Little shop around the Corner', maybe things could have been different". If we hadn't been searching for joy and love in everything else in the world, maybe, just maybe, we would see that lasting joy is not found in a movie like "You've got Mail", but ONLY in Christ. He is the answer.

This is a weird post for me, but I hope you get the gist.

No comments: