Saturday, March 14, 2009

Prayer Works

I just want to give you a "prayer works" encouragement.

Yesterday I had some meetings away from the shop and in between those meeting I took some time to pray about my own need of repentance and having my heart fixed on God, but I also was praying for God to bless PG with some traffic and some signed contracts.

I am not some powerful prayer warrior, who God is required to listen to when I speak. This is evidence that God listens to a lowly beggar who has nothing to bring to Him but need. There is no credit due me; He is the only One working here.

I am really starting to enjoy time with Him, as He is so faithful. I finished praying and went to the next meeting and then hopped back in the car to head toward the shop. I often call in to see how things are going and when I did the staff told me that it had been REALLY crazy good at the shop. "Coincidentally?", NOT, it had been really busy almost exactly at the very time I had been praying. God is good.

I remember another time that this happened the exact same way. When Grant was in the hospital and they were going to try to wake him up from his paralysis everyone was praying at the same time for him, and God woke him up at almost the exact same time as everyone one praying.

I know I have said this many times, and it is as much for me as it is for everyone else. Prayer really does work and it should come as no surprise to us that God does answer. It is a sad state of the condition of my heart to see how slow I am to pray, especially after He has so graciously answered in the past. Prayer is our first and best weapon, because God hears us when we call.

Please keep praying for PG for sales, safety, wisdom, stewardship, generosity and God's glory to be shown through all of this.

No comments: