Monday, March 16, 2009

Trust and Obey

Ps. 4:5 Offer right sacrifices,
and put your trust in the LORD.

6 There are many who say, "Who will show us some good?
Lift up the light of your face upon us, O LORD!"
7 You have put more joy in my heart
than they have when their grain and wine abound.

8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

God desires our obedience, right sacrifices, and not just lip service. We are to obey what He has said in His Word ans then trust in Him. These are pretty simple directions, but impossible to follow if we are not submitting to the authority of His Word.

It is so true that when we are satisfied in God, there is no abundance here on earth that can compare. When He is our portion, we need nothing more.

Trusting in Him brings rest and safety. There is no place to truly rest and be safe except for in Him. If only I would simply trust Him.

Oh Lord, You are my portion, You are my Rest, You alone are my Safety. May I consider Your Words and be at rest in all that You are.

No comments: